This week started well with hands-on-knee, tears-in-eyes, bilingual prayer time and Google hang-outs, and ended well with the best preschool field trip I’ve ever been on. Gloria a Dios for a restful weekend ahead and only three weeks till spring break!
- The Disturbing Transformation of Kindergarten at Truth About Education – Lately I’ve been wondering if I should be introducing letters to my four years old or doing more numbers with them. This article reassures and reminds me that there is no rush. Babies need time to play!
- Artist Covers The Famous In Tattoos at The Home Style Directory – Everyone should be covered in tattoos.
- Things That Are Happening at Miss Melissa Teaches – My roommate gave a little update this week on things that are happening around here.
- Do Illegal Immigrants Actually Hurt the U.S. Economy? at The New York Times – I have a lot of feelings about undocumented immigrants, but very little facts. This article provides some facts.
- Every Mary-Kate And Ashley OIsen Movie Ranked From Worst To Best at BuzzFeed – I agree 100% with this ranking system. I also thoroughly enjoyed the fashion take-away segment. I also would now like a MKA marathon, please. I had never heard of The Challenge but it sounds exactly like Moolah Beach which was my first favorite reality TV show.
- Chasing Katniss: Divergent Author Veronica Roth Builds Her Dystopian Empire at Vulture – A friend send me this article and two words – “You’re next.”
- A skeptic falls off her soap box at between worlds – This post led me to goosebumps, tears, and a Google-hunt for Annie Dillard’s essay quoted here.
- House Season 1 on Netflix – During my senior year of college I watched Seasons 1-6 (or something) and watching an episode of House pretty much every night did something weird to me. House is crazy. But an episode (or five) every now and again is nice. Breaks up the silliness of Will & Grace, 30 Rock, and Scrubs.
- Adorable School Choir Will Definitely Make You ‘Happy’ at Yahoo! Shine – These guys will make you happy! And if you’re from the Detroit area, the second video will make you proud.
- Disney and Pixar Sings Let It Go by Brian Hull on YouTube – Are you sick of Let It Go yet? Try just one more. He’s pretty good at all of those accents!
- How to build a fictional world – Kate Messner by TED-Ed on YouTube – Some handy questions to ask yourself if you ever decide to build a fictional world (as I have).
- DEAR FUTURE MOM | March 21 – World Down Syndrome Day by CoorDown on YouTube – Happy World Down Syndrome Day!
General good finds: