Still no sign of kittens, but there are signs of great things on the internet.
- 21 of the Funniest Things That Have Ever Happened at School at pleated jeans – Just some funny things.
- I Watched Shia LaBeouf Cry at His Weird LA Art Project at The Daily Beast – I hadn’t heard about this Shia LaBeouf business but this is interesting. Also another proof that somebody needs to work that mission field of Hollywood.
- Churches, Why Have We Not Yet United? at adopting james – A serious question/challenge about adoption. “Why are our orphanages so full?”
- My Problem With the Bible by Brian Zahnd – “I am a (relatively) wealthy white American male. Which is fine, but it means I have to work hard at reading the Bible right. I have to see myself basically as aligned with Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, and Caesar.”
- Immigration and the Gospel at Moore to the Point – “Immigration isn’t just an issue. It’s an opportunity to see that, as important as the United States of America is, there will be a day when the United States of America will no longer exist. And on that day, the sons and daughters of God will stand before the throne of a former undocumented immigrant. Some of them are migrant workers and hotel maids now. They will be kings and queens then. They are our brothers and sisters forever.” GOOSEBUMPS.
- Receiving & Sharing in the Gospel at Faith Improvised – “The gospel is not a message that we bring to people. The gospel is not a package that we happen to possess, and which we dispense. It is a reality that is lived, and it is a gift that is received. And we cannot give it unless we are also at the same time receiving it.”
- Our Sacred Scared at Momastery – “NO ONE REALLY KNOWS WHAT SHE’S DOING. None of the people in either of the two groups. The people who are running the world and the people who are sitting life out are exactly the same. They are all messy, complicated, confused people who are unsure of what to do next.”
- Fully Funded Support Account, Empty Bank Account, and the Same Chapstick From the US… at Jena Bea’s World Race – “I signed up for the race and thought I would live with less, yet I have more than I have ever had. I have more because I have learned to be truly satisfied with only Him. He is enough every single day in every single way.” We can’t all go on the World Race. God isn’t asking us all to go on the World Race. But that is why stories are so important. I may never sit on a rooftop in Malaysia and have someone speak a word straight from God to my heart, but I can learn more about who God is because Jena Bea has experienced these precious things, and I can learn by her example and from her life that God is more than enough.
- Picturing hunger in America at PBS – Listen to people’s stories.
- The Problem With Little White Girls (and Boys) at Pippa Biddle – Yes yes yes yes yes. Great thoughts on short term missions. The title is a little misleading, but yes yes yes.
- 10 Japanese Travel Tips for Visiting America at Mental Floss – Ohhh culture.
- Saving Mr. Banks on Megashare – Who knew this movie was going to be so sad? I loved the movie, though. I never knew that much heart and soul was behind the story of Mary Poppins.
- Drinking Buddies on Netflix – Jake Johnson’s character was fairly similar to Nick Miller, which I enjoyed, but other than that there wasn’t really anything to the movie. It had a very unsatisfying ending. Nothing really happened.
- Scrubs on Netflix – I wanted to watch House but I couldn’t find it, so I watched this other hospital show that I like. Then I found House. It was on the Dominican Netflix, but not the American one!
- Christina Bianco’s ‘Let It Go’ cover as Idina Menzel, Demi Lovato, & more! by Christina Bianco on YouTube – She is so talented!!
- School run dad can’t stop laughing at pupils slipping on ice at Metro – Winter does have its perks.
- The Phone Call: #InWithTheNew Radio Shack Commercial (official version) by Radio Shack on YouTube – Apparently this commercial was played during the Super Bowl, but I didn’t watch that junk so I didn’t see the commercial until this week when I was watching Nick Stokes’s hot face on CSI at cbs.com. It’s really good.
- Jimmy Fallon’s Ragtime Version of “Ignition (Remix)” Is Literally Perfect at BuzzFeed – Jimmy Fallon is really good at doing things and I highly recommend you watch him do this thing.
General good finds: