This week Nicole and I reinstated Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, Daystar hosted a group of really cool women, I started a new writing project, we had an assembly about electricity at school, and I celebrated Valentines Day with all the single ladies.
- 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing at Jarrid Wilson – Seriously guys. Cut it out.
- Te Falta Algo? at Miss Melissa Teaches – Hallelujah! Our God saves.
- A ‘Dumb Starbucks’ Opens with the Word ‘Dumb’ Affixed to Everything at Time – Why is this so funny? I don’t know but I laughed a lot.
- The White-Savior Industrial Complex at The Atlantic – Be intentional. Be intelligent. “There is much more to doing good work than ‘making a difference.’ There is the principle of first do no harm. There is the idea that those who are being helped ought to be consulted over the matters that concern them.”
- If men got the Titus 2 Treatment… at Rachel Held Evans – We have to read the Bible for what it is. Inspired? Yes. Good for teaching? Yes. True? Yes. Written within a specific culture? Yes. Be smart.
- Alice in Wonderland on Megashare – I love this little cartoon. Also today I saw a picture on Tumblr of all of the Disney princesses with their princes and then there was little Alice with her cat, Dinah. So fun.
- Alice in Wonderland on Megashare – After watching the cartoon I thought I’d try out the real people one made recently with Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp, and Anne Hathaway. I saw it in theaters back when it came out and wasn’t a huge fan. Guess what? I’m still not a huge fan. I didn’t even finish it. You’d think something made by Tim Burton and starring Depp, Hathaway, and Bonham Carter would be enjoyable but I don’t find it so.
- A Very Potter Sequel – Full by MrAnoniswatching on YouTube – I was on a StarKid kick today. This is the second in the trilogy of musicals based on the Harry Potter series done by StarKid. I would highly recommend checking out their YouTube channel if you are a fan of funny musicals and/or Darren Criss. This is where he got his start, people!
- A Very Potter Musical – Full by MrAnoniswatching on YouTube – This is where all of the Harry Potter-y sing-song-y Draco-as-a-girl-y goodness began. I think they sell this production on DVD and I’ve been considering buying it just because the sound quality on this video is so poor. The audience’s laughter at times overpowers the jokes! Oh well. It’s a classic.
- Twisted: The Untold Story of a Royal Vizier (Whole Show) by Team StarKid on YouTube – StarKid’s latest musical! This was my first time watching it and I really enjoyed it. There is a lot of strong language (which shouldn’t be surprising if you’re familiar with StarKid) like a million f-bombs in the opening number. Even though it’s a comedy – duh – they really make you think twice about our familiar and beloved Disney characters. Aladdin really was kind of a tool. I just have one question about Twisted – where is Joey Richter?
- Starship by Team StarKid on YouTube – I’m just gonna go ahead and complete the week with StarKid. This is probably my favorite StarKid show. Joey Richter as Bug is such a cutie pie.
General good finds:
- This guy is raising money by playing video games to support Beaumont Children’s Hospital. It’s a great idea for a great cause!
- Fotor.com – I love making collages to send to people electronically (on Facebook, for example). This site is a good one for things like that.