This week we went back to school! It was a super chill four day week (with no after school tutoring!) and I am using “chill” is all sense of the word – laid back and also great weather! I got a surprise giant paycheck from December, got rid of the kittens pretty quickly, and Strawberry and I took our first trip to the vet. She’s getting fixed tomorrow! I didn’t spend a lot of time on the internet this week (well, apart from Netflix) and I wrote a bit yesterday about why.
- A Large Section Of The Midwest Is Currently Colder Than The South Pole at BuzzFeed – I just thought that fact was interesting. I got out of the US just in time!
- God will give you more than you can handle: I guarantee it at All our Lemmony Things – Yes! As I re-read the gospels I am reminded of how hard this life is, how hard Jesus says following him will be. Take up your cross. Die to yourself. The road is narrow. And hard. And they’ll hate you. And say mean things about you and to you. They might even kill you. Are you sure you want to do this? Those are the things Jesus said about following Him. But there is hope! (There’s a right bit more than hope! Name that movie.)
- Life, Pain, Lessons, Questions, Mystery at J.S. Park – “I don’t believe that pain always has a lesson. Sometimes pain is just pain. Sometimes it just hurts.”
- Big Bang Theory Season 7 on Megashare – I’m all caught up now! That is as soon as I watch this week’s episode.
- The Way Way Back on Netflix – This movie was great! It reminded me of It’s Kind of a Funny Story not because the stories are similar but because it made me feel the same way. It was totally weird watching Steve Carell be a jerk, but he was pretty good at it. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes movies about real life. The family argues about Candyland rules and the people look like real people.
- Coraline on Megashare – I read the book last week and so I was excited to watch the movie. Well, after the delightful mystery that was the book, the movie was a huge let down. Weird and unnecessarily different than the book.
- This Hilarious Puppet Will Teach You How to Be the Perfect New York Tourist at Next Stop – After living in Brooklyn for a couple of months in 2012 I get it. Especially since most of that time was spent leading suburbanite teenagers around Brooklyn.
- “Finally Friday” by George Jones by ryeinc on YouTube – My brother and I used to listen to this song Friday mornings on the way to school. “It’s finally Friday. I’m outta control! Forgot your working blues and let the good times roll.”
General good finds:
- Knope Compliments – This website generates Leslie Knope-like compliments. It’s full of winners!
That’s it! Sad but true. If you’re looking for some more time-filling reading, you can check out my 100 books in 13 months page for uninformative “reviews” of the books I read over Christmas break.