A surprisingly small amount of internet goodies from the past two weeks.
- Dealing with anger in race relations at between worlds – I relate a lot to what this woman spoke of, although she has learned so much more than I have in this area. I am still learning how to engage in “race relations” with love, humility, and a teachable spirit. Reading between worlds is one way that I do that!
- 20 things the poor really do every day at Ben Irwin – Listen to people’s stories. It’s so easy to assume that we have any idea what actually goes on in the lives of other people.
- Washtenaw County family on adopting 2 sibling children: ‘It made our family whole’ at M Live – A Facebook friend of mine who works closely with adoptive families shared this on Facebook. Yay adoption!
- 21 Racial Microaggressions You Hear On A Daily Basis at BuzzFeed – Sometimes BuzzFeed is more than just entertaining. This article is educational. I can never know what it’s like to live in the United States as a person of color. But I can’t listen to people of color and learn how to not be offensive. Learn and love!
- Catching Fire in theaters – One release date miscommunication, one bus ride, and seven-girls-in-one-taxi later, I finally saw Catching Fire! I love love loved it! Having read the book and knowing what was going to happen made it so much harder to watch! Ugh! I just knew what was coming and it was stressful. I imagine the third (and fourth? what’s that) will be even harder – so much sad! I’m definitely planning on seeing this one at least once more in theaters before heading back to the DR.
- The Holiday on DVD – I got into the holiday (heh, get it?) spirit with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law. Every time I see Jude Law in anything (so basically, every time I watch The Holiday) I think of how he cheated on his wife (or girlfriend or something) with the nanny, and it’s all I can think about. Kate Winslet is always flawless.
- The Heat on DVD – In my week of travel I watched The Heat at Katelyn’s and at Rebecca’s. I saw the movie for the first time in theaters this summer in Indy with Alicia. It’s still funny.
- 30 Rock on Netflix – I’m finally hooked. So much 30 Rock in the past week!
- Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Spoken Word by Jefferson Bethke on YouTube – An oldie but a goodie.
- Tema Oficial de las Estrellas Orientales Ahora Es by ramonsito perez on YouTube – This is our baseball team’s song! Vamos Estrellitas!