A few FYIs:
- I’m really good at Just Dance 3 for the Wii. I’m also just kinda sore from all of those five stars performances I performed yesterday during our day off.
- I genuinely enjoy cooking. Who knew?
- I’ve started listening to my Christmas Pandora station and there’s no turning back now. It’s all Christmas music all the time from now until December 25! I’m particularly enjoying the selections from Michael Buble’s Let It Snow album.
- Sarah Bessey’s book, Jesus Feminist, released today. You should check it out, and you should also check out her blog. She writes bold truths with such grace and beauty. I want to be like her when I grow up.
- If you’re wondering how you can support the ministry going on down here in the DR, here’s one way – All of the people who are normally in charge of the school (and the pastor) are in Romania for ten days. They are there hanging out with some crazy cool people that want to start their own Christian school in a city that starts with a B in Romania. I totally knew the name of the city but then I totally forgot it. So the way that you can support our ministry and their ministry is to pray pray pray for them while they are there. Being somewhere new is exciting yet exhausting and I know that Ms Lynn, Ms Alli, Ms Diomaris, and Pastor Gary all desire to put their best foot forward and to be used by God in any way possible.
- For a period of time when I was in high school, my mom, brother, and I would randomly speak to each other in made up code. Jay would sidle up to my mom (it’s funny that I use the word “sidle” because that is often how people mispronounce our last name) and say something like, “The fruit loops are in the bowl.” Then maybe later at dinner my mom would say out of the side of her mouth, “The laundry is out of the hamper. I’ll let you know when it is in the dryer.” Because we’re super witty and clever like that. (I was mostly an observer, but I like to tell the story like I was in on the wit and cleverness.)
A couple reminders:
- My 24th birthday is in 16 days, which means Catching Fire premieres in the DR in 16 days. (Haha, American suckers! We get it a day before you all. Happy Birthday to me.) You can gift me in the form of Amazon gift cards. Or actual books. Or that Harry Potter Monopoly game I mentioned a few weeks ago. (“Gift me” is totally the way you say it in Spanish, just another FYI for ya.)
- This is what the Bible says:
Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted. – 1 Timothy 1:8-11
Yes, “men who practice homosexuality” is on the list of the unholy and profane. But you know what else is on the list? Liars, Let’s hear a few more sermons on that one. You know what else is on the list? “Whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,” Which probably includes a lot of stuff that you and I do every day. Just a reminder that I am an ungodly sinner saved by grace and nothing else.