Here are some things:
- Yesterday I went to the hospital for the first time in the Dominican Republic. It wasn’t an emergency, but it was where I needed to go in order to see an otolaryngologist. My friend Madelin went with me because she is so nice and so good at putting others’ needs and interests above her own. We sat in the waiting room for 2 and a half hours. Then the doctor told me that some joint (I forget what it’s called) is inflamed! He gave me a prescription, told me no more hard foods and no more cleaning my ears more than once a week (ugh, seriously?). After we saw the doctor, Madelin and I spent a half an hour at the pharmacist. It was a long process and I am VERY thankful that Madelin came with me.
- My favorite ironic sin is complaining about people complaining. Ugh, listening to people whine is the worst. Usually I only complain about people complaining in my head, but I wonder what would happen if someone complained about me complaining about people complaining. Ironic sin inception.
- The PE teacher and groundskeeper are still teaching the babies how to swim and it’s still the cutest thing you’ve ever seen.
- I’ve decided to move up my Christmas celebration date. For the past 22 holiday seasons, I haven’t listened to any Christmas music or put up any Christmas decorations or done any Christmas celebrationy type things before the day after Thanksgiving. This year, however, I am moving that date up to November 1. That’s right, guys, I am starting my Christmasy fun on November 1. Just so you know.
- Here’s some advice from a seventh grader – “Never double check.”
- I finally bought my plane ticket home for Christmas! Thanks to some wonderful people who gave generously!
- A friend of mine told me how to trick websites into thinking I’m in the United States which means Season 5 of Parks and Rec!! And CSI!! And SO MANY more choices on Netflix! I didn’t even know what I was missing.